Monday 28 December 2015

Movie review - Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) / action, fantasy, si-fi, adventure

Directed by J. J. Abrams
Written by Lawrence Kasdan, J. J. Abrams and Michael Arndt
Based on Characters by George Lucas
Produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J. J. Abrams and Bryan Burk
Starring: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Max von Sydow
Trailer: click.

This are the droids you re looking for!

PLOT
Luke Skywalker has vanished. Three decades after the defeat of the Galactic Empire, a new threat arises. The First Order attempts to rule the galaxy and only a rag-tag group of heroes can stop them, along with the help of the Resistance. Rey, a scavenger from the planet Jakku, finds a BB-8 droid that knows the whereabouts of the long lost Luke Skywalker. Rey, as well as a rogue stormtrooper Finn and two smugglers, are thrown into the middle of a battle between the resistance and the daunting legions of the First Order.


REVIEW
The seventh installment in the main Star Wars film series is... GREAT! Like many other Star Wars fans I was worried and sceptical. I didn't want to know much before going in this new series of Star wars and I'm happy to say that the film has my blessing! I will not give anything away but I love how old characthers are involved in the movie and are mixed with new ones, I love the humor, the effects, the action, the story. Yes it's predictable and a reboot in a way but on the other hand it's crazy hard to do something differnet because of the nostalgia and beloved characters. For me it has the right energy, excitement and simplicity. Really enjoyble!

When it comes to new cast. Daisy Ridley was fantastic. Love her! Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac and John Boyega were pretty good as well. But! I was not that impressed with Adam Driver. He was disappointing for me and hope he can do better next time.

Thank you J.J. for not screwing things up! The Force Awakens felt like Star Wars that I know. Love the film and can't wait to see it again! Under must see movies for sure! 5-/5

P.S. I love the droids so much! R2D2 and C-3PO 4 ever. BB-8: welcome to the family! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment