Saturday 19 April 2014

Weekly health tip: Weight training!

This week my health tip is to include dumbbells/weight training into your routine!

When I started workout more regularly I was afraid of lifting weights. I tought like: I don't want to look bulky and like a guy. Then I educate myself and realize how ridiculous I was. So next time someone tells you something like that know, (s)he doesn't have a clue!


MYTH
This is one of the biggest myths in all of female training because most people wrongly assume that lifting weights will make you bulk up. This myth comes from the fact that muscle is denser than fat.

IF YOU'RE STILL LIKE: ''BUT...''
Those muscular women you see in muscle magazines had to use supplements/steroids to get to that point. Plus they train and eat specifically so they can look like that! And they’ve probably been working towards that goal for years and years.


THE TRUTH
Our muscles get stronger (not necessarily bigger) and denser! In fact you will burn the fat on top of your muscle and get that toned look. Furthermore, testosterone is a very important factor in the development of muscle shape. Women have very low levels of this hormone so our muscles develop differently.



Don't be afraid and try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment