Friday 24 October 2014

Movie talk: Movie Trailers

For some time now I've been thinking of writing about topic that I really feel passionate about. Movies? Yep! Correct answer! I finally decided to publish a 'movie talk' post once in a while. There are so many things to talk about when it comes to films and I would love to share my views and opinion with you guys. I encourage you to do the same or just think about the things you'll read.

My first view is on movie trailers. I don't like them and if it is possible I don't watch them at all! Of course I can't help myself if I'm very excited about some film but other than that, I prefer not to!


Why not?
They reveal way too much. They used to show only small bits and when you saw the film it was bigger and better. But in last decade or two, the trailers changed so much. The best parts of the film are usually already used in a trailer. Now where is the fun in that? Oh, wait. They only want us to go to the cinema and get our money. Sad but true.

Another thing I noticed is that if the trailer looks very good and attractive, the film turns quite the opposite unfortunately. Not always though but for the most times, they are misleading. And the other way around. If I'm not impressed with the trailer, the film itself generally turns out good! And at times I just feel they put something together without any effort, like they do right after the film is announced with teasers. Like the audience doesn't notice that!


I try to approach films without any expectations. Sometimes this is hard because of all the media buzz and all the promotions actors do, but still. I try not to think too much about it and just enjoy the ride. Further more, I don't like to know much about the plot. For me the genre or style of the film and basic information are enough. And I don't like the speculations. I'll have an opinion after I see the film! Predominantly I'm sceptical when it comes to remakes, sequels, reboots and adaptations (I'll talk more about that in the future). But judging actors and the film before even seeing it is bizarre, don't you think?


So it's always funny when a new trailer comes out, especially for the movies I'm looking forward to. Part of my brain is like: ''I want to see the trailer!'' But the other side is like: ''Naah, not really. I just want to see the film!'' Anyone else having same problem? Can you control yourself and not watch it? I don't want to jinx it but I'm considerably disciplined and I don't. Tempted, yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment