Tuesday 24 September 2013

Emmys 2013: thoughts and review

Emmy Awards 2013 through my eyes, some thoughts and quick review.


Host: Neil Patrick Harris
He was great as always.

Performances
Likable, not too frequent or too many of them. But singers like Elton John and Carrie Underwood are always worth listening.

Speeches
Merritt Wever won for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (as Zoey Barkow on Nurse Jackie) and she was honestly surprised. I think we all were. A bit weird speech but I guess she really was spechless:)

And Jim Parsons who won for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (as Dr. Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory) was cute with: 'It's so silly to be emotional isn't it?' :)

Winners
I think there were some surprises: Jeff Daniels, Tony Hale and Merritt Wever.


Some other memorable moments...
1. I really like beginning of the show where Jimmy Kimmel, Jane Lynch, Jimmy Fallon and Conan o'Brien come to the stage and then it follows by Kevin Spacey intermezzo.




2. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were also funny literally rolling onto the stage.



3. Dance choreography introducing tv series nominees was cool!




4. How I Met Your Mother sketch that parodied Malibu rehab centers with an intervention of Emmys host Neil Patrick Harris for Excessive Hosting Addiction (EHA) was great.


5. Special tributes were very touching.


Over all it was ok show to watch. I wouldn't say it was awesome or something like that but beside annoying music that you must wrap up your speech I don't have any complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment