Tuesday 12 April 2016

Movie review - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) / action, adventure, sci-fi

Directed by Zack Snyder
Written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer
Based on Characters published by DC Comics
Produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder
Starring: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter, Gal Gadot
Trailer: click.

Major disappointment.

You know I love all sorts of films: drama, action, thriller and superhero movies. I like to see different types of film and don't expect superhero movies to have an amazing storyline or to touch me... BUT I still want something not just visual effects. With new Batman vs Superman I felt like that is all there was. I didn't feel, care, like or even hate nobody in the movie. It's like I've never seen it...

The story wants to be so many things but just confuses viewers. Supporting roles are so artifical and meaningless that it just hurts. I still love you though Jeremy Irons! Maybe all would have been better with more dynamic movie pace. Because this is just incoherent messy piece of work.

Highlight of the film for me was Henry Cavill because this role is just perfect for him. Same for newby Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. She was good! Ben Affleck as Batman was ok but that's about it. I like Ben and I honestly feel sorry for him because of all the harsh criticism but first time eveeeer I was like: ''Naaah, Superman is cooler!'' And I'm a huge Batman fan! So this coming from me - it is a big deal. And his costumes were way too robotic. And where are the cool gadgets? Than there is a villain played by Jesse Eisenberg. He tried too hard. It felt acting not genuine. The film lacks of understanding of what those characters are about big time.

I wish I could say at least action was amazing but I can't because it wasn't. What is an exemple for cool action? Watch a Marvel movie like The Avengers. In a way I was happy this film it's not non stop action but on the other hand I hoped there would be more action. Or maybe the story bored me and I just wanted to see that? I honestly hoped it would be an awesome superhero film so I feel kind of bad to write bad about it but it is how it is. At least it didn't suck, so that's good right? 3-/5


No comments:

Post a Comment