Monday 11 July 2016

Movie review - Me Before You (2016)

Me Before You (2016) / romance, drama

Directed by Thea Sharrock
Produced by Alison Owen, Karen Rosenfelt
Screenplay by  Jojo Moyes
Based on Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Starring: Emilia Clarke, Sam Claflin, Janet McTeer, Charles Dance, Brendan Coyle
Trailer: click.

Sugar-coated love story.

I'll confess. I'm a sucker for a good love story (like my fav P.S. I love you or The Fault in Our Stars) but this one falls flat for me. I felt like Lou was totally into Will, but him not so much. And I can't help but to roll my eyes when I see little things, like a girl that is so broke, urgently need a job, lives in the country and has an iphone. Make sense right? However I did like their chemisty, humour bits, the ending and that Sam was true to his decision. That part I did found realistic. But than again I felt many things in the film were materialistic driven. And what was with the relationship between Lou and Patrick? It just was? It's a solid flick but it's not original or moving enough to touch my heart deeply or inspire me. And I felt a serious subject was preseneted a little too lightly. Everything was oversimplified. If you're a girl and not as demanding as I am, I think you will find this film adorable and bittersweet. Emilia Clarke does not disappoint and the movie is still enjoyable to watch. 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment