Monday 23 June 2014

Weekly health tip: Set small goals!

New week, new tip! I decided to postpone my weekly health tip on Mondays. Some people like to indulge on weekends so I hope my tip on Mondays will inspired and motivated you to start the week clean and healthy.

This week my weekly health tip is one of those I'm working on right now and that is to set smaller goals. Yes, I have ultimate long term workout goal and that is to stay active and fit through my whole life but I'm totally forgetting how important it is to set a smaller fitness goals.


WHY
Just think about it. Many times we set a huge goal like to lose 10 kilos (20 pounds) or exercise for an hour six days a week, only to fall off the wagon a few weeks later? The truth is that even when we have the best of intentions and the willpower to set out and do something grand... without a plan and a smart goal, unfortunately we are more likely to fail.

Focusing on small steps will help you stay on track and achieve the results you want long term. Achieve little victories for big results.

HOW
Set a monthly and/or weekly goal, like: I will work out 5 days this week or I will try 2 new workouts/classes I have never taken this week! You'll see results and feel great. Meanwhile the big goal is usually so far away that we lose focus and motivation.



DON'T FORGET
Reward yourself! Don't reward yourself with food, but start setting aside $10 or $15 each week that you reach your weekly goal. When you reach your monthly goal treat yourself with something nice for yourself. A new book, a new workout top, a one day trip, a massage, etc. The reward should be a time where you compliment yourself for your hard work and revel in your success.


Continually reaching small achievable goals is the key to long-term success! So set smaller goals and don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment