Thursday 15 August 2013

Matter of age or matter of yourself?

As you know, last week I had a birthday and in light of that, a bit more thinking post about getting older. I am usualy looking forward for my birthday but this year I got quite frustrated and sad about it. Because I had to fill some new paperwork I started think too much...


To be honest, I don't believe in age. Yes, our bodies are changing but in most cases, age (numbers) are so relative. Yes we can notice generation differences but intelectual level is much more important than some number. Some people are very mature at age of 17 and some are 30+ and still far from it. But yet, I do think with age you get experiences and knowledge about yourself. So if you don't stop growing as a person, you learn more and more about yourself and that can really help you dealing with others (sadly many people forget about their inner growth because of their busy materialistic lives).


Just a few years back I remember getting really upset about some things other said to me. For example. I never spend too much time in front of the books but when someone assume I was, my respons was very defensive. I got nervous, uncomfortable and angry. Same with comments about my personal life, workout routines etc. Than I came to realize that their opinions don't mean anything. Those people don't know me and I don't own them any explanation about myself. They can think whatever they want! I know my life, my values and the way it really is. That stuff don't bother me anymore and I keep calm. You learn that so many people are simply narrow minded or jealous. It doesn't matter, it's my life and I'm going to live it my way.


Frustrating thing about birthdays while you're getting older is that you usually think to much about your plans and where you thought you would be at this point/age in your life. Than you realize you are not, so you are hard on yourself and feeling blue. And here is also society pressure on basically everything (on having job, having kids, how you look, what you eat, etc.). They are messing with your head and a lot of people don't ask themselves anymore of what they really want but rather follow settled ways. It's quite sad if you think about it but you must know that you CAN live your way! Worrying about another's judgment only gives them a hold over your life that no one should ever have.



Another funny thing about getting older is that nobody likes getting older but we would all love to live long lives. Ironic right? In so many cases we forget about how ungrateful we are about our lives. I think everyone knows someone or have heard about someone who passed away way too soon. So why not be grateful for what you already have and do the best you can with what you got? I'm not saying you should be satisfied with everything and without goals. I'm just saying you should be grateful for people and the things you already have, enjoy in the moment and instead of whining do something about it. Jim Rohn said: If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree ;)


No matter how old you are... LIMITATIONS ARE ONLY IN YOUR HEAD! Be grateful! SMILE! Think positive!


2 comments:

  1. Najboljša tvoja objava od kar te spremljam. Super si to napisal (: Se čisto vsem strinjam..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Evelina hvala;) imam polno idej takih bolj miselnih-globokih, pa časovno ne znese...ampak bodo...slej ko prej ;)

    ReplyDelete