Sunday 10 November 2013

Weekly health tip: drink water

Water, water, water! It might sound old but drinking enough of water is so important! I noticed that many people don't drink enough fluids which causes dehydration. Instead of we end up drinking coffee, fruit juices, soda, teas, milk and alcohol and a bunch of other possibilities.



WHY?
We all know that water is good for you but why? It helps maintain the balance of body fluids, flushes out toxins, cleanse your skin, energize muscles, enable better exercise, help you control calories etc.



HOW TO START DRINKING WATER?
There was a time I felt reluctant drinking only pure water. Blah, so bland and boring. So I started with flavored waters but soon realized that they are no good (to artificial and sweet). I made a choice and start to drink pure water. I also learned that you can do healthy flavoured water by simply add some fruits (lemon, cucumber, mint, kiwi, etc.) in the water. It's more fresh, natural and taste yummy!



HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD YOU DRINK PER DAY?
We all heard the advice: 'Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day', although the "8 by 8" rule isn't supported by hard evidence, it remains popular because it's easy to remember. More than following standards, I recommend you to listen to your own body and keep in mind the factors that influence water needs: exercise, environment and your health condition.

For example. I drink americano coffee (very loooong coffee) and I feel very dehydrate after it so I drink especially a lot of water in between and after it. Then of course I need more water in summer time, after workouts etc.



Stay hydrated and healthy! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment