Sunday 3 January 2016

Golden Globes 2016 nominees

Only one week till The 73rd Golden Globe Awards! Golden Globes 2016 will honor the best in film and American television of 2015 and will be broadcast next week at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. Ricky Gervais will host the show for the fourth time.


Since I like the show more than Oscars, I'm really looking forward to see it! I hope I will see as many films as possible till next week (so far it looks quite good). If you haven't seen nominees, here they are, plus my comments so far... like always there were some surprises and of course some snubs.

Best Motion Picture - Drama
Carol
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Revenant
Room
Spotlight

I haven't seen Carol and Spotlight but among these films my vote would go to The Revenant.



Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
The Big Short
Joy
The Martian
Spy
Trainwreck

I haven't seen Joy yet. For now my vote would go to The Martian and I would change Trainwreck nomination and put The Intern instead. I also think The Man from U.N.C.L.E. should be nominated here and won!



Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Cate Blanchett, Carol
Brie Larson, Room
Rooney Mara, Carol
Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn
Alicia Vikander, The Danish Girl

I still need to see Cate and Rooney but other three ladies were breathtaking and I will be happy for any of them. I love Saoirse, I love Brie and I love Alicia!



Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Bryan Cranston, Trumbo
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs
Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl
Will Smith, Concussion

I haven't seen Bryan, Micheal and Will yet but Leo and Eddie were both extraordinary. My vote would go to Leo though. I was disspaointed  Jacob Tremblay (The Room) was not nominated. He really should be!



Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Jennifer Lawrence, Joy
Melissa McCarthy, Spy
Amy Schumer, Trainwreck
Maggie Smith, The Lady in the Van
Lily Tomlin, Grandma

I still need to see Jennifer, Maggie and Lily...



Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Christian Bale, The Big Short
Steve Carell, The Big Short
Matt Damon, The Martian
Al Pacino, Danny Collins
Mark Ruffalo, Infinitely Polar Bear

Al was great and I'm happy he's nominated. I would be happy he won but I didn't see Mark yet...



Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture
Jane Fonda, Youth
Jennifer Jason Leigh, The Hateful Eight
Helen Mirren, Trumbo
Alicia Vikander, Ex Machina
Kate Winslet, Steve Jobs


Still need to se Kate, Helen and Jane...


Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture
Paul Dano, Love & Mercy
Idris Elba, Beasts of No Nation
Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies
Michael Shannon, 99 Homes
Sylvester Stallone, Creed

Mark was amzing, Sylvester was good but I need to see other three...


Best Director - Motion Picture
Todd Haynes, Carol
Alejandro G. Iñárritu, The Revenant
Tom McCarthy, Spotlight
George Miller, Mad Max: Fury Road
Ridley Scott, The Martian

Like I said I haven't seen Spotlight and Carol yet but my vote for now would be The Revenant.



Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Tom McCarthy and Josh Singer, Spotlight
Aaron Sorkin, Steve Jobs
Quentin Tarantino, The Hateful Eight
Emma Donoghue, Room
Charles Randolph and Adam McKay, The Big Short



Best Motion Picture - Animated
Anomalisa
The Good Dinosaur
Inside Out
The Peanuts Movie
Shaun the Sheep Movie

This year animations weren't that good if you ask me. Inside out was the best among these but the best were Minions and it's a disgrace they are not even nominated.


TV series, drama 
Empire
Game of Thrones
Mr. Robot
Narcos
Outlander

TV series, comedy
Casual
Mozart in the Jungle
Orange Is the New Black
Silicon Valley
Transparent
Veep


All nominees here.

Do you have any predictions already?

No comments:

Post a Comment