Monday 29 February 2016

Oscars 2016 Recap

The 88th Academy Awards ceremony is behind us. It was a good show. Here are some things I (dis)like about the show and nice/cool/funny moments...

- The show started with movie clips and it could be better or at least longer. We're celebrating movies aren't we?

- Chris Rock hosted the show for the second time and he was very direct when it came to diversity. I will say it bothered me that it was like there is no other race than black and white. And I don't understand why white actors can speak there mind about it. I mean some they already did but it backfired... Back to Chris. His speech was also like we're watching stand up :)

via GIPHY


- Skits were quite funny but I didn't undestand moment where Stacey Dash’s brief self-deprecating cameo as “director of our new minority outreach program”? Awkward...

via GIPHY

- Music performances. Lady Gaga had a powerful performance without a doubt.


- Most fun presenters: Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe present Best Adapted Screenplay. They made me laugh.

via GIPHY


- I was so impressed by the stage this year and how extraordinary beautiful everything looked. Perfection. Really nice job!


- Oscar's Orchestra: they played really cool songs but there were still interruptions. I think thank-you scroll did help but I still prefer spontaneous, from the heart speeches.

- Best acceptance speeches: Leonardo DiCaprio, Alicia Vikander, Mark Rylance. I think the whole world is happy for Leo!


via GIPHY

And the bear also approves ;)

via GIPHY


- I was really happy that they included Star Wars droids BB-8, R2D2 and C3-PO


... and also Minions

via GIPHY


- The whole sells for Girl Scout cookies was a bit off for me. It felt too forced.



- Co-stars Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay are cool! High 5!

via GIPHY


- In Memoriam part was beautiful...


He might not have got a mention, but we lost also Uggie (dog from movie The Artist)...


- George Miller and Mad Max: Fury Road were having a lovely day and they stay true to themslves which was nice thing to see!

via GIPHY

Have you enjoyed this year's show?

No comments:

Post a Comment