Thursday 3 October 2013

Goodbye Dexter and Breaking Bad

In the past weeks two of my all time favorite series have come to an end, Breaking Bad and a week before, Dexter.


Warning: Post contains spoilers.


DEXTER
After 8 seasons our lovable serial killer's journey has ended. Well not for him literally but for his sis Debra. No, no, noooooo (my reaction)! I must confess, I cried like a baby. Among all characters I really wished better ending for her. I know tv show Dexter is not about rainbows and unicorns but her death was even more sad and upsetting than Dexter's would be. Deb dealt with weird f*cked up s*it since season one and her character ending like that?!? It makes me angry. Somehow I expected and hoped for a different conclusion. Like I don't know: Quinn knew this whole time about Dex and just pretended because he loved Deb, he would help Dexter, Hannah and Harrison leave the country, Deb and Quinn work together again at the police station etc. Too happy, I know. But I also know I would be more more satisfied. Or maybe Dex could die and Deb would continue with his work... Hate to say it but I don't think season finale does the whole series its justice. Something is missing, not much has been answered. Still, I love this series so much and I would like to thank amazing creators and crew for making and bringing us such an amazing story, characters and intensity to our homes.




BREAKING BAD
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiick! The last part of Breaking Bad (season five) was badass, astonishing and beyond expectations! I love how they answered questions and wrapped things up. Finale episode made me speechless, impressed and I can only use superlatives to describe my feeelings. Perfect work! Creators, cast and crew should be so happy and proud! To rock the whole five seasons on that level: originality, dramtic input, witty sense, sincerity, how characters intertwine, clever plots, tention, humour and those beautiful quiet moments... just unbelievable to watch (and on so many levels)! One of the best if not the best series ever!



I'm going to miss you Dexter and Breaking Bad! That's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment