Tuesday 27 October 2015

Movie review - The Gift (2015)

The Gift (2015) / psychological thriller

Directed and Written by Joel Edgerton
Produced by Jason Blum, Joel Edgerton and Rebecca Yeldham
Starring: Jason Bateman, Rebecca Hall, Joel Edgerton, Tim Griffin, Allison Tolman
Trailer: click.

Give yourself a gift and watch it!

PLOT
A married couple, Simon (Jason Bateman) and Robyn Callum (Rebecca Hall), are living what appears to be a picture-perfect life. They move to a suburban Los Angeles neighborhood after Simon finds a new job. While out buying supplies for their new home, they run into Gordon "Gordo" Moseley (Joel Edgerton), a former high school classmate of Simon's who Simon claims to have completely forgotten about. Soon after, he begins dropping in unannounce and sends many gifts...

REVIEW
Did you know that this is Joel's feature debut? I was quite surprise when I learn that because it's great! Nice job Joel, I'm impressed! I love the style and the tone of this film and how it all unfolds step by step. And the psychology behind it. I'm not saying the plot or the characters are all perfect but damn good. Some things are sick and twisted and two times I jumped out of fear! Just watch it! It's a taut, well wrapped thriller that I will definitely put on my 2015 must see movies list! 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment