Wednesday 11 December 2013

VSFS 2013 - review

Here are my thoughts and impressions on Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013.


OPENING & ENDING
Opening of the show was ok (we've seen better ones). Candice worked the runway and looked amazing. Maybe it would be better to wait a bit for the fantasy bra. But on the other hand: go hard or go home, so why not?



Ending was nothing big or special. The whole show was missing something to go: 'ufff'' or 'waaw'!



OUTFITS (SIX SEGMENTS)
We've seen six segments: British Invasion, Shipwrecked, Parisian Nights, Birds Of Paradise, PINK Network and Snow Angels.

Tomorrow I'll start with the first one (pictures) and share more comments about each segment and look individually. Roughly speaking:
- British Invasion: a total mess and the biggest disappointment for me;
- Shipwrecked: boooring, outfits looked too much alike;
- Parisian Nights: so hot and sensuous, best segment by far;
- Birds Of Paradise: a lot of feathers but not that memorable;
- PINK Network: made me cry, what a disaster... frustrated;
- Snow Angels: pretty but nothing more.

The thing I really liked: looks were finally more lingerie not costumes (except Pink horror). I applaud that.


MUSIC
I said it a million times and here I go again... remixes are soooo much cooler than live performances! This year I actually didn't mind about the artists but background music is still better.

Nevertheless, it is what it is:
- Fall Out Boy and Taylor Swift in segment British Invasion: liked it!



- A Great Big World in segment Shipwrecked: very beautiful.



- Soundtrack in the back in segment Parisian Nights: love the song!

- Fall Out Boy in segment Birds Of Paradise: not sure the song was appropriate but I guess we could fall asleep otherwise



- Neon Jungle in segment PINK Network: appropriate and not over the top like we've seen in Pink segment for the last three years



- Taylor Swift: I Knew You Were Trouble in segment Snow Angels: I didn't get why they picked this song for this segment at all!



CAMERA/EDITING
Another thing that it's very hard for me to understand. VS is preparing perfect outfits for about nine months and than camera is jumping from one girl to another so fast that you hardly really see the looks. What's the point? Plus, too much focus on performers and not enough on the models and their outfits. I love Taylor but this time I want to see the models!! Also annoying: camera showing Adam Levine in the audience (each year cheering for another girlfriend). Why does the camera even show him?


INTERIM MINI SEGMENTS
Well done! I wasn't sure what to expect but I really love all about behind-the-scenes/interview videos! We've seen girls when they were young and start modeling, first VS castings, how would they live on deserted island, how Barbara was a fit model for years, what happened last year with Lais and her broken ankle, midnight shooting in Paris, they showed us their sexy look, about twitter and social media plus Adriana boxing with trainer. I love videos were diverse and not too short. Very satisfied! I may not seen a good show but mini segments were terrific!


Overall I don't think it was a good show but also not the worst. I just didn't feel the energy.

Being said, I'll comment more about the looks and the models in posts that will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment