Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Honest Life by Jessica Alba

Yesterday I was so happy to receive Jessica Alba's debut book The Honest Life.



For those who don't know it yet, the actress, a model, one of the most beautiful women, a wife (married with Cash Warren since 2008, they met in 2004) and a mother of two girls (Honor and Haven) is also an entrepreneur. Last January Jess and her business partner Chris Gavigan launched The Honest Company, a collection of toxin-free household goods, that are natural & eco-friendly products. Later Jess also decided to share her knowledge about natural living in a book The Honest Life.

Bellow you can see Jessica Alba promoting her debut book The Hones Life at Vroman’s Bookstore, Pasadena and at the Mondrian LA in West Hollywood (California).



Back to the book. I haven't even started reading the book and I already love it! Why? It looks dynamic and well organized with a lot of pictures. We can all agree that the content is more important than the looks but let's be honest... we all love books/things that are appealing right away and this one defenitely is.


5 things about The Hones Life book that I already love:

1. I love the chapter tags on the side of the book so you know right away where you are (e.g. lipstick is for beauty, scissors for inspiration) and you can also find things quicker.

2. I love the lovely photos of Jess and her family. I'm really happy that she is willing to share a part of her private life with the public. I appreciate it.

3. I love the design, format and the material of the book. There is a fair amount of text, colorful picutes and important paragraphs which are transparent & interesting. The format of the book is smaller than A4 and the book was printed with soy inks on 30% PCW recycled paper.

4. When you just go roughly through the book you can see that a lot of the things written are useful, so it's one of those books that you'll coming back to again and again. I love the 'manual' type of books because they are full of tips and tricks that you can use whenever you want and this book is just perfect for ladies/girls/women who love to eat, look and feel amazing and to whom a natural lifestyle is important.

5. First impression of the book: HONEST!



Quick peek inside the book...

Contents



Chapter 1 - Honest Food



Chapter 2 - Honest Clean



Chapter 3 - Honest Beauty



Chapter 4 - Honest Style



Chapter 5 - Honest Home



Chapter 6 - Honest Baby



Chapter 7 - Honest Inspiration


I tried to choose which of the chapters am I most looking forward to read but honestly I'm interested in all of them and I can't wait to start reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hello.Can you do more photo rhis book? Becouse,in my country this books not for sale..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Настя - Hi :) Yes I understand, same here. But you can order the book on http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/ or http://www.amazon.com/

    I hope this info helped you ;)

    ReplyDelete