Sunday 18 May 2014

Weekly health tip: Homemade!

My next healthy tip is that if possible try to do things homemade. You can do so many dishes and also beauty tricks (like masks and peelings) by yourself!

I'm not sure why but when I was younger I tought homemade stuff was so uncool and annoying. I always nag about that and want to buy things in store. And then... you get older and see thing differently. Sometimes it's hard because homemade things take a bit more time but oh, they are so worth it! You grow your own herbs, veggies and fruit, you know your food, what ingredients you put in the food, etc. So I strongly encourage you to do things homemade as much as you can!


For example...
I love to eat granola cerials with fresh fruit and yogurt in the morning but cerials are so high on added sugar that it breaks my heart! So I start doing homemade granola. It's a bit more expensive but once again, worth it!

Here is homemade granola recipe that I use.

Ingredients:
250g old fashion oats
100g raw nuts, chopped
100g raw walnut, chopped
100g sunflower or/and pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp raw chocolate powder
3 tablespoons of honey
3 tbsp of virgin oil.
50g-80g dried fruit/berries



You put oats, nuts, walnuts, seeds and chocolate powder in a bowl.


Add honey and oil. Stir to combine.


Spread the mixture in a even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes on 150°C. Every 10 minutes stir and continue baking until the granola is very light golden brown.


Put granola back to the bowl and let it cool down.


You'll get some chunks but they are easy to seperate.


Then you can add dried fruit. I love to berries.


Store granola in a glass jar(s) and bon apetit!


The fun thing is you can play with mixture and ingredients. You can add cinnamon, vanilla, coconut flour, almonds, etc. Have some fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment